Israel Launches Devastating Aerial Assault on Syria After F-16 Shot Down Over Galilee

The Israel Air Force hadn’t lost a fighter jet to enemy fire in 34 years, until Saturday, when Iranian and Syrian forces downed an Israeli F-16 over the Galilee.

The plane in question was part of a strike force on a retaliatory mission into Syria after an Iranian drone entered Israeli airspace during the early morning hours.

The drone was promptly shot down, and then a squadron of Israeli fighters entered Syria to destroy the command center from which the infiltrator had been remotely piloted.

The Israeli planes faced overwhelming anti-aircraft fire. The downed F-16 was hit either directly by an Iranian-supplied Syrian missile, or by shrapnel resulting from an explosive anti-aircraft shell.

Either way, the injured pilots managed to return to Israeli airspace before crashing near a kibbutz in the Jezreel Valley.

That sparked a full day of devastating Israeli aerial assaults on Iranian and Syrian military installations.

According to IDF officials, four Iranian and eight Syrian bases were hit, including Syria’s main command and control bunker.

Many of those installations were covert in nature.

“They, and we, know what we hit and it will take them some time to digest, understand, and ask how Israel knew how to hit those sites,” Israeli Intelligence Minister Yisrael Katz told Army Radio. “These were concealed sites and we have intelligence agencies and the ability to know everything that is going on there and yesterday we proved that.”

In addition to the demoralizing effect of destroying secret bases, Israel also reportedly did significant damage to Syria’s air defenses.

Air Force commander Brig. Gen. Tomer Bar told reporters that Saturday’s bombings constituted “the biggest and most significant attack the air force has conducted against Syrian air defenses since Operation Peace for the Galilee” – Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon to halt incessant PLO terrorist attacks.

Unsurprisingly, Saturday’s aerial assault on Syria won the support of the Trump Administration in Washington.

“Israel is a staunch ally of the United States, and we support its right to defend itself from the Iranian-backed Syrian and militia forces in southern Syria,” read a statement released by US President Donald Trump.

“We call on Iran and its allies to cease provocative actions and work toward regional peace,” the White House added.

Source:conservativepost.com

BREAKING: Israel Launches “Large Scale” Military Attack

If you’ve ever had the honor of standing side-by-side a soldier of the IDF (Israel Defense Forces), then you know that when these men and women go to war, they are absolutely lethal. Let’s just say I’d hate to be on the side who opposes them, which is exactly why their nation exists after being surrounded by enemies for decades.

Breitbart reports:

(ASSOCIATED PRESS) The Israeli military shot down an Iranian drone that infiltrated the country early Saturday before launching a “large-scale attack” on at least a dozen Iranian and Syrian targets in Syria. Israel called it a “severe and irregular violation of Israeli sovereignty” and warned of further action against the unprecedented Iranian aggression.

The military said its planes faced massive anti-aircraft fire from Syria that forced two pilots to abandon an F-16 jet that crashed in northern Israel. One pilot was seriously wounded and the other lightly. Syrian officials reported large explosions in the center of the country and the Syrian counter fire set off warning sirens throughout northern Israel.

The Israeli strikes marked its most significant engagement since the fighting in neighboring Syria began in 2011 and said Iran would be held responsible for its outcome.

“This is a serious Iranian attack on Israeli territory. Iran is dragging the region into an adventure in which it doesn’t know how it will end,” Israel’s chief military spokesman, Brig. Gen. Ronen Manelis, said in a special statement. “Whoever is responsible for this incident is the one who will pay the price.”

Gen. Hossein Salami, acting commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, did not acknowledge Israel’s claim it shot down the drone. “We do not confirm any such news from Israel,” he said. But the joint operations room for the Syrian military and its allies denied the drone violated Israeli airspace, saying it was on a regular mission gathering intelligence on Islamic State militants.

Syria’s Defense Ministry said in statements on its website that its air defenses responded successfully to the Israeli operation and hit more than one plane. “The Israeli enemy has once again attacked some of our military bases in the southern area and our air defenses responded and foiled the aggression,” it said.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman were convening the top brass at military headquarters in Tel Aviv to discuss further response.

SHARE this all over Facebook if you support Israel’s military!

Source: patrioticexpress.com

Breaking: Iran Attacks Israel Multiple Times. Israel Mobilizes for War

The situation in the Middle East took a drastic turn for the worse early Saturday morning.

An Iranian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), or drone, entered Israeli airspace and was shot down by Israeli forces.

Immediately after, Israeli F-16s attacked Iranian targets in Syria.

The focus of the strike was reportedly the facility from where the Iranian drone was piloted.

During the raid, Iranian-operated Syrian anti-aircraft managed to shoot down one of the Israeli F-16s.

The plane crashed inside Israeli territory, and the pilots safely ejected before being hit.

Syrian media claimed that more than one Israeli aircraft was shot down.

In the following hours, Israeli aircraft bombed as many as 18 additional Syrian and Iranian military installations and mobilized ground forces in the Golan Heights border region in preparation for an escalation.

A statement released by the Israeli military read:

“The IDF is following events and is fully prepared for further action according to decisions and need.”

Source: Times of Israel,conservativepost.com

After Pop Star Cancels Show for Israel Boycott, Ringo Starr Takes Matters into His Own Hands After Pop Star Cancels Show for Israel Boycott, Ringo Starr Takes Matters into His Own Hands

Just a week after singer Lorde canceled her planned concert in Tel Aviv, former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr announced he will be performing in Israel.

The announcement was made on Starr’s website, stating that his All Starr Band had added new tour dates for their travels through Europe and Israel.

The 13th iteration band includes fellow rock legends Steve Lukather of Toto, Greg Rollie of Journey and Graham Gouldman of 10cc, according to Breitbart, and are booked for the Menorah Mivtahim Arena in Tel Aviv.

“Starr is going ahead with his visit, where others have feared to tread,” reports Breitbart Jerusalem. “Notably Lorde and Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters, who remains one of the most vocal anti-Israel celebrities in entertainment.”

The 21-year-old singer was scheduled to perform in the summer of 2018 in Tel Aviv, but received immense pressure from hard-left Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, which had called for boycotts of Israel.

“I’ve received an overwhelming number of messages and letters and have had a lot of discussions with people holding many views,” Lorde said in response to the call for her to step down. “And I think the right decision at this time is to cancel the show.”

However, the cancelation of the famous “Royals” singer was met with backlash on both social media and in other portions of the entertainment industry.

Meanwhile, social media users have highlighted the hypocrisy, as Lorde — who canceled her Israel concert on the basis of human rights reasons — will continue her concerts in other locations such as Russia.

Yet, other celebrities — like Starr — have gone ahead with concerts in the country during such controversial times, including those such as Lady Gaga, Radiohead, Rihanna and even Sir Paul McCartney — the latter having been threatened back in 2008 if he performed for his audience of 400,000 in Tel Aviv.

“If he values his life Mr. McCartney must not come to Israel,” militant Islamic activist Omar Bakri Muhammad said in reference to McCartney. “He will not be safe there. The sacrifice operatives will be waiting for him.”
Radiohead singer Thom Yorke has even been outspoken about the disdain of other celebrities towards Israel. As reported by The Guardian, Yorke fired back at Waters and other BDS activists for pressuring the band to cancel their concert scheduled concert in the Jewish state.
“It’s deeply disrespectful to assume that we’re either being misinformed or that we’re so retarded we can’t make these decisions ourselves,” Yorke told Rolling Stone.
“I thought it was patronizing in the extreme,” he added. “It’s offensive and I just can’t understand why going to play a rock show or going to lecture at a university (is a problem to them).”

 

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.

Source:www.westernjournal.com