The Department of Justice has launched an inquiry into FISA abuse by the Obama administration.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in an interview with FOX News Channel’s ‘Sunday Morning Futures’ with Maria Bartiromo, promised that there would be an investigation into alleged FISA abuse by the Obama administration during the 2016 election.
“Every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court have to be accurate. That will be investigated and looked at,” Sessions said. “I’m not going to talk about the details of it, but I tell you we’re not going to allow that to happen.”
MARIA BARTIROMO: You mentioned lawlessness. There appears to have been a lot of lawlessness going on in government over the last 8 or 10 years, and I want to ask you about the abuses of the FISA Court because any way you look at it appears the FBI and the Department of Justice were abusing their power over the election because they simply did not like Donald Trump. We know that and a number of issues.
Now people wanted you to start handing down justice. Newt Gingrich joined me on this program last Sunday. Here’s what he had to say about that. Listen to this, Mr. Attorney General.
NEWT GINGRICH: He is not in any way recused on this information. He should be appointing an independent counsel. He should be demanding that we get to the bottom of this. I’m totally mystified because he’s a great guy, he’s a solid conservative, he certainly in his career has been a fighter, and this behavior is just totally unlike everything I knew about Jeff Sessions before the last six or eight months.
BARTIROMO: Are you, sir, investigating the fact that the FBI used the dossier to get a wiretap against Trump associates and they did not tell the FISA Court that the Democrats and Hillary Clinton paid for that dossier?
SESSIONS: Let me tell you, every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court have to be accurate. That will be investigated and looked at, and we are not going to participate at the Department of Justice in providing anything less than the proper disclosure to the court before they issue a FISA warrant. Other than that, I’m not going to talk about the details of it, but I tell you we’re not going to allow that to happen.
Stay tuned for updates!
Former US Secretary of State John Kerry has reportedly said he believes President Donald Trump will not make it another year in office.
Mr Kerry recently met with Hussein Agha, a close associate of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, according to the Jerusalem Post. During the meeting, the former US diplomat reportedly asked Mr Agha to tell the Palestinian leader to “hold on and be strong,” and not “yield to [Mr Trump’s] demands”.
Mr Trump, he said, would not be in office for long.
The visit came just weeks after Mr Trump officially recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel – a break with longstanding US foreign policy that sparked protests across the Arab world. Mr Kerry reportedly told Mr Agha that the President alone – not his administration or his country – was responsible for the situation.
Mr Kerry also reportedly offered his help in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, suggesting that the Palestinian leader submit his own peace plan for consideration.
He also surprised Mr Agha, the Post reported, by saying he was seriously considering running for president in 2020. Mr Kerry was the Democratic nominee for president in 2004, and lost to George W Bush. The politician told MSNBC in September he had no plans of running for president.
Mr Kerry has been critical of Mr Trump in the past, criticising his decision to pull out of the Paris climate accord and his failure to fill key State Department positions. He made a similar prediction about the length of the Trump administration last year, at the World Economic Forum in Geneva.
“We will have done great injury to ourselves,” he said of the effects of the Trump administration, which was days away from being sworn in at the time. “And it will hurt for the endurance of a year, two years, whatever, while the [Trump] administration is there.”
The former Secretary has also been critical of Israel in the past. Shortly before leaving office last year, he gave a notably tough speech on Israel, in which he the called the country’s settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem a threat to peace in the region.
The Trump administration has taken a much more outwardly friendly approach to Israel than the Obama administration, under which Mr Kerry served.
After Mr Kerry’s speech denouncing the settlements, Mr Trump tweeted: “We cannot continue to let Israel be treated with such total disdain and disrespect. Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching!”
The political debate over the fate of “DREAMers” — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — has overlooked just how many there are in the country today: about 3.6 million.
That number of people whose lives risk being uprooted is not widely known, in large part because so much public attention has been focused recently on 800,000 mostly young DREAMers accepted into the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
Accordig to Conservative Tribune , two high-profile illegal immigrants who attained a degree of fame through their activism have been detained and/or deported by the Trump administration after receiving repeated stays in the past, The Daily Caller has reported.
Ravidath Ragbir and Jean Montrevil, both prominent figures within the pro-illegal immigration group New Sanctuary Coalition of New York City, were detained and deported by Immigration and Customs Enforcement after years of being allowed to stay in the country at the discretion of federal officials — in spite of the fact that both had been convicted of serious crimes.
Ragbir, 53,who is of Indian origin but hails from Trinidad and Tobago entered the U.S. in 1991 on a visitor’s visa. He was able to obtain a green card three years later, but lost his legal permanent resident status several years later after being convicted of wire fraud. In 2016, Ragbir was granted a two-year reprieve from deportation, which was scheduled to expire Jan. 19. ICE attorneys said in court Jan. 16 that they could not explain why Ragbir was arrested, despite having several days before his reprieve expired.
Ragbir is executive director of New Sanctuary, was checking in at the ICE office in New York City when he was detained. While Ragbir had immigrated to the United States legally back in 1991 from Trinidad and Tobago, he was convicted of wire fraud in 2000, according to The New York Times.
Ragbir received a deportation order in 2006, but in 2011 ICE officials in New York City gave him a reprieve of deportation. That reprieve was extended last April, but ICE officials informed Ragbir that reprieve would not be extended further. A judge will now decide his fate.
One week later, Haitian national Jean Montrevil — a co-founder of New Sanctuary — was deported after being taken into custody in early January. Montrevil, who had entered the United States in 1986, had served time on a drug possession charge and was in the process of appealing a deportation order. Montrevil was convicted in the nineties of possession of cocaine, but was allowed to remain in the country after serving 11 years in prison. Since his release he had no further encounters with law enforcement officials until four ICE officers arrested him on his way to work on Jan. 3. Montrevil has four children who live in New York and has lived in the United States for 30 years.
The deportation of the Haitian activist comes just days after the Trump administration that Salvadorans living in the United States under Temporary Protected Status, TPS, will need to leave the country within 18 months. The same measure has already been taken against Haitian, Nicaraguan and Sudanese migrants.
Kirsters Baish| Two high profile activists have been detained/deported by the Trump administration due to their illegal status in the United States. It was reported by the Daily Caller that Ravidath Ragbir and Jean Montrevil, who are both prominent figures in the pro-illegal immigration group called New Sanctuary Coalition of New York City, were picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement following years of being granted the privilege to stay in the United States at the discretion of federal officials. Both have been convicted of serious crimes in the past.
The New York Daily News reported that Ragbir was taken in by ICE on January 11 and was notified that his reprieve from deportation could not be extended anymore.
Ragnir is the executive director of New Sanctuary. He was checking in at the ICE office in New York City when agents detained him. He had come to the United States from Trinidad and Tobago illegally in 1991. In the year 2000, he was convicted of wire fraud. He was cited a deportation order in 2006, however in 2001 ICE officials in New York City allowed him a reprieve of deportation. This reprieve was extended all the way until April of 2017. ICE officials explained to Ragbir that the reprieve would not be extended any further than that. His fate is now in the hands of the judge.
Just a week after Ragbir was detained, Haitian national Jean Montrevil (a co-founder of New Sanctuary) was also deported after being taken into custody earlier this month. He had come to our country in 1986. He served time in jail on a drug possession charge and was in the process of appealing a deportation order.
It was reported by the Intercept that Montrevil’s lawyer claimed his client “believed that he had reached an understanding with ICE officials.”
Members of the activist community have claimed that these arrests were targeted acts by the Trump administration.
Policy director for Detention Watch Network, an immigrant rights activist group, Mary Small, spoke to the New York Times. Small claimed, “It seems really clear to us that this is an escalation of retaliation, not just against individual rights leaders, but against the right of the movement to exist.”
I don’t see this as “retaliation” or “escalation.” ICE simply feels ready to go after activists in addition to everyday illegal immigrants at this point in time.
Both Ragbir and Montrevil were not in control of criminal empires, however they did support activism on behalf of millions of illegal immigrants.
Conservative Tribune reported:
This isn’t agenda-driven policing. It isn’t using the power of law enforcement to silence critics of the administration who’ve done nothing wrong. Mr. Montrevil and Mr. Ragbir made themselves targets. Not only did they violate the law, they brought attention upon themselves for doing so. They tried to invite sympathy upon themselves, essentially, for being convicts who had to face the consequences of those convictions.
Montrevil served five years in prison and was sentenced to 11 (indicative of a case of drug possession that was far more serious than just getting caught with a bag of cocaine, no matter how activists wish to spin it). In fact, he was set to be deported under the Obama administration in 2010, but a fellow detainee with a fever delayed his removal, and then an earthquake in the intervening days made it impossible, according to The New York Times.
Meanwhile, Ragbir spent time in prison on a $400,000 embezzlement scheme and has obtained several stays of deportation since, seemingly hiding behind his quasi-celebrity in the “Democracy Now!”-viewership community. Indeed, Ragbir’s wife Amy Gottlieb wrote a piece for The New York Times published Thursday that was all-too-subtly titled “ICE Detained My Husband for Being an Activist.”
Gottlieb waited to mention that her husband was being deported due to his having committed a crime. She almost seemed to brush it under the carpet. She stated that the crime happened 18 years ago while she skated over the fact that Ragbir has been granted multiple stays in the United States by federal officials.
The Trump administration is ready to make a point, and they are willing to do whatever they have to in order to make this point clear. We will not be tolerating illegal immigrants swarming our country. It’s time to put an end to the influx of criminal illegal aliens in the United States.
According to recent evidence, it would appear that Peter Schweizer’s account in his book, Clinton Cash,regarding former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of corrupt tactics in the approval of Russia’s purchase of 20-percent of U.S. uranium is accurate.
Before Moscow gained control of a large swath of American uranium through a controversial deal approved by Obama administration, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.
Per The Hill:
“Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.
They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.
The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.
Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefitting Putin’s commercial nuclear ambitions.”
Considering the number of previous reports regarding Clinton-Russia bombshells and millions in donations to the Clinton foundation, this news likely comes as no surprise to anyone outside the liberal mainstream media circles.
Nevertheless, if you’re among the few that are surprised, you can read more here.